Night net null null Texans backup quarterback AJ McCarron could miss the preseason as he recovers from a thumb injury on his throwing hand, the Houston Chronicle reported Wednesday.McCarron injured his right thumb after throwing a pass in Houston's joint practice Tuesday against the Packers. McCarron left the field in noticeable pain, the Chronicle noted. Texans backup QB A.J. McCarron suffered a thumb injury during Tuesday’s practice against Green Bay and could miss the preseason. Heappeared to injure his right thumb on his follow-through after throwing a pass. He left the field in pain. They’ll have to sign another QB.— John McClain (@McClain_on_Night net) August 7, 2019Other than starter Deshaun Watson, Joe Webb is the team's only other current option at quarterback. Webb will fill in for McCarron, who initially was expected to play at least two quarters of Thursday's preseason game again
- Buccaneers schedule 2018: Tampa Bay will be challenged as breakout hopeful
- Falcons must fix Matt Ryan, offense — or quickly fade in NFC
- Sam Darnold's resilience tested yet again as Jets visit Browns
- A humbled Lamar Jackson makes for a potentially great Ravens QB
- Watch: Odell Beckham Jr. goes deep in a different way during MLB turn
No comments to show.