Night net null null Don't expect to see Julio Jones take the field until the regular season.The Falcons wide receiver told reporters Tuesday: "I don’t need preseason to get ready.” The holdout isn't new for Jones — he didn't play in any preseason games last year and appeared in just one the previous season. Jones' decision doesn't seem to be indicative of his commitment to the team because preseason games hold no clout over a team's standing in the regular season, and many starters either sit out or play limited snaps to avoid injury before the regular season. julio jones: "I'm not playing preseason. I'm a veteran, I've been doing this. I don't need preseason to get ready." pic.twitter.com/csyE0DI9UU— Alex Glaze (@Alex_Glaze) July 30, 2019With Jones in the middle of contract negotiations with the team, it doesn't appear that he will follow suit of other Night net stars by sitting out for the season.Jones, 30, is set to be paid $9.6 million in 2019 and has two years remaining on the five-year, $71 million contract he signed in 2015. Both he and the Falcons have expressed optimism that a deal will be done before the season starts.
- Buccaneers schedule 2018: Tampa Bay will be challenged as breakout hopeful
- Falcons must fix Matt Ryan, offense — or quickly fade in NFC
- Sam Darnold's resilience tested yet again as Jets visit Browns
- A humbled Lamar Jackson makes for a potentially great Ravens QB
- Watch: Odell Beckham Jr. goes deep in a different way during MLB turn
No comments to show.